Trees are a vital part of every day human quality of life
- They provide us with shade.
- They cool our homes.
- They provide us many products we use daily: Paper, wood, chemicals, oils, resins.
- Trees promote feelings of well-being and peace among people.
- The foliage of trees help to mark the changing seasons, thus helping human to mark time.
- Trees are a place for children to play in, under and around.
- Because trees can survive for hundreds of years, they serve as property boundary markers, memorials of important historical events. Trees thus help bring people together, to unite people and to help people stay connected to their historical roots.
- Trees act as gathering places for social activities and events. They can act as places of unifying people, families, communities and generations.
- Trees provide visual barriers, create screens, promote privacy, and make separations between divergent and sometimes conflicting elements of society.
- Trees serve as wind screens and to buffer the impact of storms.
- Trees increase property value.
- Trees provide wood for fuel.
- Trees improve the livability of cities for countless reasons. Trees add visual, emotional and psychological appeal, since few things can compare with the aesthetic impact and seasonal interest that trees offer the urban setting. They provide huge visual appeal to any area and can significantly enhance the design of a streetscape. Trees adds aesthetic beauty to one’s living space and improves the quality of life.
Trees are an essential economic asset for people and they create economic opportunities Continue reading